Wednesday, January 1, 2014

YA Guy Resolves... To Read Lots of Great Books in 2014!

In 2013, YA Guy read fifty-four books. All but two were YA (one was a Middle Grade novel about Jim Thorpe, the other a literary novel about English department adjuncts). I'm counting Huck Finn, which I re-read for a class I was teaching, as YA. That was a pretty good year's worth of reading.

But time marches on, and the cavalcade of intriguing YA waits for no person. (And I can mix metaphors with the best of them.) So to keep me on track and to pique the interest of other readers, I've listed below twenty-five 2014 YA novels I hope to read. Many (though not all) of these books are debuts, which I've decided to focus on since my own debut comes out in 2014. If all goes according to plan, I'll not only be able to read these novels (and more) but to review at least some of them on the blog.

So here we go, in order according to release date... YA Guy's 2014 Wish List!

Sarah J. Schmitt, Replay (no release date yet)

And just in case anyone forgot....

Joshua David Bellin, Survival Colony Nine (September 23)

Yes, it looks like 2014 is going to be another great year for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment